Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lauren Conrad Clears Charity Controversy

Lauren Conrad recently attended Animal Fair Media's 2008 Annual Paws For Style at Arena in New York City on Tuesday. Since then, controversy has erupted as to whether or not the charity funded her trip to New York City.

Lauren responded on Wednesday via her Myspace Celebrity blog:

"I would like to address some of the internet rumors regarding what happened at an event I attended in New York City on Tuesday. I was invited by Animal Fair Magazine to attend a charity even, Paws For Style fashion show. I have always been a supporter of animal causes. I own 2 rescue animals and this sounded like a great event. I agreed to pose for the cover of the magazine, host the event, do press at the event and donate clothing, all of which I did. I was not aware of any other commitments. I was not paid to attend to event and my hotel room was donated to the charity. I also made a voluntary donation to the Humane Society for more then the cost of my airfare so there would be no expense to the charity. I have always been responsible and keep my word on all commitments. I am extremely hurt and disappointed that Wendy Diamond would go to the press and attack me with untrue statements. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not the kind of person I am or who my parent's raised me to be. It's just embarrassing that people are saying these things about me. I was trying to do a good thing and help out a charity by doing everything I agreed to do. I continue to support the Human Society, and it is a wonderful organization."

WHAT DO YOU THINK about the doggy debacle?!?!

-Please support this post and blog!
-Comment!
-Spread it to the world!

-thehills4life

1 comment:

dollataxi said...

please reupload the episodes please please!!